Even for the environmentally-minded among us, when you start to add up everything you throw away on a weekly basis, the answer may be surprising.
There are many reasons to cut back on waste. It is clearly one of the right things to do in terms of protecting the environment: our planet has limited resources and we need to use them wisely if we want them to last for generations. Moreover, it can save your business money - which is more important than ever in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. And finally, reducing waste is important to your customers.
That means it should also be important to you if you want to attract new guests and keep the ones you have.
Discover more facts here
1. United Nations Environment Programme, Food Waste Index Report 2021.
2. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Water and Agriculture.
3. World Economic Forum, How much plastic is there in the ocean?
4. Ellen Macarthur Foundation. The New Plastics Economy. 2016.
5. ReFED. A Roadmap to Reduce U.S. Food Waste by 20 Percent. 2016.
6. Data Essential - Sustainability 2021
7. World Resources Institute, The Business Case for Reducing Food Loss and Waste.
8. Nestlé Professional Balancing Plates Report. 2020 late