On the menu
- Offer a variety of serving sizes, allowing people to control their own intake.
- Offer smaller sized servings for petite appetites or thirst. remember to price all sizes fairly so oversized drinks do not cost less than smaller servings.
- Serve drinks unsweetened when possible, giving each customer options to customize based on their own tastes and dietary needs.
- Dress it up: add sliced fruit or cucumbers to water for a refreshing, nearly sugar-free drink.
- Make various alternative sweeteners available.
Off the menu
- Provide point-of-sale materials sharing simple, user-friendly information on calories, sugar content, and nutritional value of beverages.
- Share information via Qr codes, tray liners, table tents, your menu, or whatever tools work best.
- Don’t encourage up- sizing to larger sizes or 2 for the price of one.