Here they are:
- Replace heavy, cream-based desserts with yogurt-based desserts.
- Serve fruit between layers of mousse, creams, or cake.
- Provide poached fruit options.
- Instead of dusting with powdered sugar, use cocoa or spices, like cinnamon.
- Replace rich, creamy sauces with shaved dark chocolate or fruit coulis.
- Serve aerated desserts.
- Garnish with edible flowers, herbs, spices (cinnamon stick, star anise) or fresh fruit.
- Offer miniature versions of desserts like cakes, tarts, or custards.
Did you know?
Miniature desserts have been making a big impression since the 18th century, when the French introduced petits fours
1NPD Group, 2013