Due to COVID-19, there may be additional restrictions in place. In addition to following your local regulations, here are some tips from sources trusted by Worldchefs.1, 2, 3, 4
- Train your whole team on COVID-19, self-screening, wearing masks, washing hands, and physical distancing.
- Encourage your employees to monitor their temperatures and learn about your sick leave policies
- Limit contact with suppliers when receiving deliveries and clean the outer packages before entering the facility.
- Look for ways to minimize contact between staff (adjust work zones or schedules to lower staff density in small spaces).
- Wash hands regularly and between handling different foods, menus, or payment.
- Maintain an adequate supply of hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes at entrance and within premises.
- Make masks available for all team members.
- If you use gloves, change them regularly.
- Increase ventilation wherever possible and raise the frequency of air renewal settings.
- Limit physical contact between employees and guests.
- Make an extra effort to keep uniforms, hair, nails, etc. spotless.
- If your business has been closed, thoroughly clean interior infrastructure, equipment, and utensils before you reopen.
- Schedule a thorough sanitation of all work areas, equipment (including vending and payment tools) and seating areas.
- Between seatings, clean and sanitise digital ordering devices, check presenters, self-service areas, tabletops, and common touch areas such as door handles and bathrooms.
- Provide sufficient hand sanitisers/disinfectant wipes for workers and guests.
- Prioritize outdoor seating and curbside pickup.
- Provide takeout, delivery, and drive through options for customers.
- Remove tables and chairs from dining areas to allow physical distancing or install physical barriers to separate parties from each other.
- Limit the number of guests at a single table.
- Show parties to their tables one at a time.
- Reconfigure space, install partitions, or mark floors to limit worker and guest interaction. When limiting close interaction is not feasible, ensure that staff wear face masks.
1 Worldchefs.org. 2020.
2 Black Sheep Restaurants: SOP: Covid-19 Playbook. 2020.
3 Cal/OSHA COVID-19 General Checklist for Dine-in Restaurants. 2020.
4 The Conceptional. Covid-19 (re)opening Playbook. 2020.