Choosing new coffee: it seems simple, but in reality, it is more complex than people think. Testing different flavors is only a small part of the search for the right overall solution. The coffee machine itself and the location of the machine in the office also play important roles in making the right choice.
Choosing the best coffee machine
There are many factors to take into account in deciding on the best coffee machine for your organization. In doing this, it is important to ask yourself the following questions:
- How important is the speed of a coffee machine? Can you accept long lines in from the machine?
- What capacity do you need? How many cups do you expect to be served per day? Are there moments when coffee use reaches a peak?
- Do you need the coffee machine to make jugs of coffee in addition to single serve?
- Is the design of the coffee machine important to the aesthetic of your office?
- How much space to you have to free up for your organization’s coffee machine?
- Who cleans the coffee machine and how often?
Choosing a location for the coffee machine
Many office canteens nowadays look more like cafés, fully equipped with a coffee bar and a warm, cozy interior and atmosphere. But when choosing your machine, don’t forget the following:
- Is there a fixed water connection nearby the coffee machine is located? Is the water quality good?
- Do you have access to electricity? Is required power current available?
- Is there a drain?
- Where would you store extra supplies such as sugar, milk and cups?
- Is there also the space needed to store empty coffee cups or coffee grounds?
Choosing the best coffee
It is important to consider the type of coffee and machine that your organization currently offers or that your employees would love to have. It is also important to involve your employees in your choice by asking them what they would do differently or additionally. You could organize for example, a coffee tasting, or run a quick survey to find out which coffee suits they best.