What We Collect and How We Use It
We collect business information, like business name, postal address, e-mail address, line of business classification, etc., when submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. For example, to sign-in for the "My Nestlé" section of the web site; to receive a copy of the Nestlé Professional Newsletter; to receive product and promotions information; and to enter a specific sweepstakes or other online promotion.
Except for the limited instances noted below, we do not share personally identifiable business information collected at this site with third parties. The exceptions are:
- We share your information with our partner agencies who assist us in administering the site and various programs and promotions. They can only use the information to administer our site and programs. These agencies are bound to keep your information private and secure.
- With your understanding and approval, we may provide your information to a Nestlé distributor.
- We may also disclose business information if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of Nestlé, its customers and the public.
- We may share aggregated survey information, as opposed to individual information, with third parties. This information is used to assist us in tailoring the site and our products to visitors and consumers.
- We may on occasion combine information we receive with outside records to enhance our operator profiles for our own marketing purposes.
If you send a business contact or acquaintance an e-mail or a downloadable application from the site referring the acquaintance to this site, the "referral" information you provide is used on a one-time basis to facilitate this communication and is not further retained by Nestlé Professional.
Cookie / Tracking Technology
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Further, Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors and offer an efficient manner to log into the sign-in sections of the site. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. However, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Information Security, Opting-Out, Changing and Accessing Information
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized Nestlé Professional employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All e-mails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings. If you want to access information previously collected or have any questions about this policy or our practices, please Contact Us.
Third party Internet sites accessible through hyperlinks from this site have their own privacy practices, and Nestlé Professional has no responsibility or liability for these independent practices. Please review their privacy practices for yourself.
Nestlé has no intention of collecting personal information from children at this site.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.